If you haven't already heard, I will be leaving the youth ministry position at St. Nicholas Parish come September 2019 as I have been accepted into the After-Degree program in Secondary Education at the U of A. As a result we are looking for applicants to this position! The job description is as below:
- Experience working with youth and or young families
- Active member of a Ukrainian Catholic parish faith community
- Knowledgeable about the Ukrainian Catholic Faith
- Proficiency in the use of various social media – Facebook, twitter etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology OR National Credential in Youth
Ministry OR background in theology and educational methodologies with a willingness to move toward a credential or degree.
1. Supervise/coordinate/assist Sunday preschool (ages 3 – 7, Pre-Solemn Communion), Junior Youth (Grades 3-8), UCY (Grades 9-12), young adults (ages 18-35) programs, and programs for young families
2. Develop leadership skills in youth and young adults.
3. Coordinate recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of volunteers in the youth ministry program
4. Maintain communication within the parish, with other parishes throughout the Edmonton eparchy, with the eparchial youth ministry office and other Christian youth based organizations
5. Determine and deliver effective ways of publicizing and promoting programs and experiences; particularly in the areas of Social Media
6. Be a presence in the St. Nicholas community through their liturgical and social activities.
15-18 hours per week
This position entails weekend and evening work therefore the successful application will be willing to be flexible with their time.
Begins September 1, 2019, with the option of extending upon the agreement of both parties.
Please send resume along with the contact information for 2 references to: email@example.com.
Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Call Bernie - 780-424-5496 for more information.
This work has been very rewarding and challenging and I highly recommend applying if you're interested. If you are looking for a detailed look into what this job has been like for me, feel free to get in touch through the contact form.
God bless and have a great Long Weekend!
#job #work #youthministry #UkrainianCatholic #EdmontonEparchy #StNicholasParish #StNicholasChurch #StNicholasUkrainianCatholicParish #StNicholasUkrainianCatholicChurch #StNicholasUkrainianCatholic #Edmonton #YEG #Yeg #yeg